Skip to content
- The design has been done according to the (……..).
- All dimensions, axes, elevations, and opening locations are to be matched with hydraulic, mechanical, architectural drawings and mechanical equipment data before beginning of construction.
- Foundation level is (
.) below natural ground level as shown in drawings.
- Foundations are designed for a net bearing stress of
.. kN/m2 at foundation level as specified in the geotechnical report.
- All recommendations concerning foundations, excavation, backfilling, and compaction mentioned in the geotechnical report and the technical specifications have to be completely fulfilled.
- High quality additives may be used to reduce concrete permeability and increase workability in the reinforced concrete mix of concrete members exposed to underground water. These additives have to be approved by the consultant engineer.
- All internal concrete surfaces exposed to water have to be painted with a material resisting to water effects as shown in the technical specifications.
- All external concrete surfaces exposed to underground water have to be insulated with suitable material according to the technical specifications.
- All concrete surfaces underground level not exposed to underground water have to be insulated with three perpendicular layers of hot oxidized bitumen.
- Construction joints have to be made as indicated in the structural drawings. Contractor may change locations of construction joints on his responsibility.
- Sulphate resistant cement (type V) with minimum content of 400 kg/m3 is to be used for all structural elements below ground level, while ordinary cement is used above ground level.
- Concrete mix Grade A is to be used far all concrete elements exposed to water with minimum cement content of ….. Kg/m3. The characteristic strength of the mix should not be less than ….. MPa.
- Concrete mix Grade B is to be used for all concrete elements not exposed to water with a minimum cement content of ….. Kg/m3. The characteristic strength of the mix should not be less than …. MPa.
- Concrete mix Grade C is to be used for plain concrete with minimum cement content of ….. Kg/m3. The characteristic strength of the mix should not be less than …… MPa.
- Reinforcement bars are high-grade steel (steel 460/520) indicated by ? while stirrups are mild steel (steel 420/350) indicated ?. Reinforcement bars are to be conform to (…….).
- Tension and compression splice lengths of reinforcement are 60 and 40 times the diameter of the greatest spliced bar respectively unless otherwise indicated in the drawings or any other documents of the technical specifications.
- Minimum cover thickness for water structures is 50 mm for columns, walls and foundations, while that for slabs and beams is 25 mm and 15 mm for ordinary structures.
- Reinforcement around openings are to be made as given in the specified details (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- In slabs, half the reinforcement is to be bent unless otherwise indicated (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- In continuous slabs and beams, bent bars are to be bent at 1/5 the clear span and extended to ¼ the greater of the two spans unless otherwise indicated (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- In continuous beams without bent bars, the top bars are to be extended to 1/3 greater of the two spans unless otherwise indicated (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- In cantilever slabs and beams, top bars are to be extended either to the greater of 1.5 times the cantilever length or 1/3 the adjacent span unless otherwise indicated (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- In beams with depth greater than 600 mm, 2 T10 shrinkage bars are to be used every 300 mm of the height, unless otherwise indicated (see Miscellanies Structural Details).
- All dimensions and elevations are in meter except otherwise indicated.
- The concrete should be composed of sulphate resisting cement mixed with additional material ADDICRETE (DM2) or similar kind.
- Outside concrete walls should be insulated by using two perpendicular layers of damp proof coarse (oxide bituminous plastic sheets) not less than 3.0 Kg/m2 and painted with 3-layers of hot bitumen and surrounded by bricks (120 mm thickness).
- Inside faces shall have cement rendered.
- Kicker should be provided to prevent water penetration.
- For details of footings and trenches, please refer to drawings from
- See precautions for mixing, placing, curing, and testing of concrete in drawings and in the technical specifications.