Skip to content
- The reinforcement of the concrete block in no case lower than 25 kg/m3. For the machines demanding special design consideration of foundations like for the machine pumping explosive gases the lowest limit of reinforcement is 40 kg/m3.
- The steel reinforcement around the pits and opening at minimum has to be 0.5-0.75% of cross-sectional area of the pits and openings.
- The reinforcement needs to run at all 3 directions. The minimum limit of reinforcement should have 12 mm bars at 200-250 mm spacing extending on both directions vertically and horizontally near all the faces of the foundation block. Remember the ends of each bars shall always be hooked.
- In case the height of foundation block exceeds 1 meter, shrinkage reinforcement is required to be used at suitable spacing at all three directions.
- Clear cover minimum ranges; 75 mm at bottom portion and 50 mm on sides and top portion of foundations.
- The characteristic strength of concrete need to be at minimum 15 N/mm2 i.e. M-15.
- The castings of foundation block have to be performed preferably in a single and continuous operation. For very big/thick blocks (>5m) construction joint shall be used.